Friday, August 24, 2012

I can show this to you but.....

That's right! I can show my lunch to you, but I can't tell you what's under the egg! I have a deal with my biz partner/bro-in-law, to not show or talk about what we are cooking on the truck! Now this is NOT on the truck...yet! But it really should be.

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people who give social media a bad name by photographing her lunch/dinner and posting it. There are those who think that's all we do on here. ('Here' being Twitter/Facebook/Blogs) Of course, we know better.
 
However, in this case, this IS what I had for lunch. And under the egg is a few ingredients which are on the 'secret list' including our #1 "no talk" item.  So, mums the word here.

All I can tell you, is my lunch was delicious, if not colorful. It certainly should be on the menu, but right now, no plans. If you visit us, just ask me to fix you the egg bowl, I'll have what I need, and then you'll have what you need. This will be the number one 'off menu' item! And yes, of course that's Rooster sauce on top, to give it that kick. 'Sriracha' to the uninitiated.

Actually, this creation started last night. We didn't have lots of dinner ideas, so my husband and I started getting creative in the kitchen. A future blog post will be about "as we 'mature' the room in which we get creative changes"..... we've moved from one room to others. You should see how creatively decorated our screened porch is. What were you thinking I meant? Anyway, the egg went on this dish last night. Today for lunch I put two items between the layers and added that Sriracha. Now that I've created that, I guess I do still have some creative energies, let's see....

Oh, by the way, this is NOT installment two of how I got from "volunteer to a Food Truck owner," that post is below. This is a 'bonus' post. These things happen.

You know what would go great after a lunch like this?
One of these:


Have a great day.

I heard Andie MacDowell, beauty goddess, speak earlier this year. She was asked to share her best beauty tip. Here it is. "Make haste to be kind to everyone."
I think the interviewer was looking for something else. But Andie went on to explain, your face reflects your heart. Isn't that interesting?
Thanks for reading my blog today.

Betsy

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Betsy....I am so excited to see what you will come up with and love, love, LOVE how you are going for your dream!!! I LOVE this idea of a food truck and seeing your culinary expertise have a venue to shine!
LOVE the quote on kindness.................that is one of the most essential qualities to have, I think!! Way to go!

Betsy5 said...

Thanks Joyce for your encouragement, and for the kindness you always extend!

Becky said...

I hope I can remember it cause anything with an egg on it is MY hubby's favorite.

Betsy5 said...

Becky I think you'll remember it, I can't seem to forget it. And all kinds of people have been asking me about it, so I don't think it's going to be a secret item for very long.....

Enjoy my blog? Pass it on... Share with friends