Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome to My World


So this is Bailey! Aforementioned 'Cutest Dog in America' This makes some people mad when I say this, but I figure no point starting out my first blog post being non-controversial, right? Anyway, in our house, he is undisputed CDA!!

Our son Eliot is off to college and it's getting a little quiet around here. I love to cook and will admit to being pretty good at it. But my husband who truly loves my cooking, has the appetite of a small flea. And I'm not going to leave it all around here to for me to eat. (read 'about me' if you haven't already) So we've started Family Dinners on Sunday nights. Everyone we are related to is invited for dinner, every Sunday. They just need to tell us they are coming by Saturday morning. It's a great time to get together over a (hopefully) great meal, spend time with loved ones, and really connect. Plus, I get to work through my little cooking needs without eating all the results.... this is working out great, for everyone. Last week we had slow cooked pot roast, with oven roasted carrots and onions, and gorgonzola potatoes. (I don't like my vegetables cooked in my pot roast they get too mushy) Maybe I'll post that potato recipe, I've never written it down anyway.

Okay, that's the first post. We'll see to what this evolves. Have a great day, well tomorrow, this one is about over.

Quote for today:

There is no passion to be found in playing small – in settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living. ~Nelson Mandela

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget